Welcome to the Patchwork Blog! I hope you enjoy reading my random thoughts about life, Jesus and the freedom he offers.

Sunday 8 May 2011

The power of dreams

I had an amazing experience recently. I knew I needed receive the love of Jesus into my life more.  I hadn't really let go and allowed myself to receive His love. I kept pushing Him away and over eating to fill up the emptiness.  However at the same time I was asking the Lord to help me to open up more to Him.


©Charlie Mackesy      www.charliemackesy.com
The Prodigal Daughter by Charlie Mackesy

God answered my prayer in a very unexpected way. I had a dream a week or so ago. I dreamt I was leaving to go on a journey somewhere with friends, who weren't people I know, although I knew them in the dream. We were running around getting ready for the journey. Just as we were about to leave I noticed that Jesus stood in the corner with a look of such love on his face I felt overwhelmed. He had been standing there the whole time and my friends and I had been running around ignoring Him.  I just knew then, in my dream, that I couldn't leave. I rushed over to Jesus and as a child with her father I just climbed into his lap and had a hug. I awoke  still feeling this love, and it has stayed with me. I feel like I have been 'born again' again! As the picture shows I have been taken up into Jesus' arms despite having rejected Him and gone my own way. And still He loves me unconditionally. He loves you the same way, whoever you are, whatever you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment